Quantcast Marzocchi help - Sick Lines Forums

Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
moore_716

Marzocchi help
I'm new here and this is my first post. i came acrossed this site by accident and have been lurking for a month or so now.
Anyway I just bought a 2008 Gary Fisher Mullet. I'm kinda happy with it. I didn't pay attn. to a couple things when I bought it like having multiple chain The biggest complaint I have is the DJ3 the bike came with. One of the main reasons I got this bike was because it had the Zokes and most everything else in this price point had either RST or SR forks. To make a long story short the fork fells like a pogo stick. There are no adjustments for compression or rebouind and there is no oil in the fork either. Also, no air. I took the fork apart and its got a SR dampener in it that's selaed. So I stayed away from a SR fork with a Zoke and get SR internals anyway. Any advice on this.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Administrator

got a picture of the fork crowns?

I'm not sure why there woulnd't be oil in there or why the shop/marzocchi couldn't help you out at all. I don't see why you couldn't get the DJ2 internals to put in there but at that point you might be better off just buying a new fork depending on how much it is. Sounds like an OEM nightmare of a fork and they just used the Marzocchi name to sell a cheap fork. They really shouldn't be allowed to call it a dirt jumper 3 fork. I hate it when manuf/companies do that. If it says DJ3 it should be a DJ3. Misleading for the consumer.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 AM
moore_716

yeah I'm not overly thrilled with anything Trek related right now.
Here's a link with a pic. of the fork.
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2008_for...t_130189.shtml
Any thoughts about my overall bike chioce too? I can get better pic.'s also. I need to for the Marzocchi techs they also want to see what's inside.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:31 AM
Administrator

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/de...DOggetto=55961

There's a bigger picture of your "fork". Granted it looks like yours is missing anything worthy. Its hard to say without looking at your form in front of a tech person as to whats in there.

It sounds like there should be oil in there still though i would think. Marzocchi's known for stuff like that though. Under filled oil levels, as well as no oil at all sometimes. I'd contact them and see how much dirt jumper 3 internals would be. They can also do it for you if you send it in.

Your overall bike choice is really up to you. Depending on what you were going for, it might be perfect outside of the fork issue. Personally its not a bike I would probably buy.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
moore_716

Yeah I'm starting to second guess myself now. I really wanted full suspension again, but it just wasn't in the budget for me. My last bike was a San Andreas. To let you know how old I am it had the elastomer rear shock that would blow apart anytime the temp. got above 70 deg. I switched that out to a Risse shock and then Mtn. Cycle gave me 1 of 2 prototype springs for it. I got 1 and the other went to theor sposored DH rider. I can't remember his name. Jake something or another maybe. I ended up pulling the swing arm mount right out of the frame racing BMX on it. Mtn. Cycle wouldn't warranty the bike because it had been powder coated.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator

I've seen a San Andreas a few times. They looked much better than all the other fully's back in the day.