Quantcast What is the Best online Bike store and Why? - Page 2 - Sick Lines Forums

View Poll Results: Would you buy a complete bike online?
Yes; I already have bought a complete bike online. 2 40.00%
No; The shipping is usually to expensive! 1 20.00%
I never buy online 2 40.00%
The type of bike I want is not available online yet. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2008, 05:18 AM
downhillnews

I shot some forks yesterday. Its great holding something you cannot afford!! This will be the main view of the forks and about 5-9 other views will also be shown. I like the 36 it seems pretty nice. Have to check the Lyrik out when Truvativ boys bring them over soon hopefully!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Nice pic Ian. Send one of those forks my way
Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 AM
downhillnews

Originally Posted by jvnixon View Post
Nice pic Ian. Send one of those forks my way
Yeah am starting to look at the next ride! A light 5-7" is what I am after so the fork will be important. Either a 36 or a RS of some sort, depending on the discount either provides and travel adjustment available. Maybe a BMW RS6??
Old 02-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Wouldn't happen to do anything with the BMW picture in your gallery would it

Old 02-19-2008, 02:32 AM
downhillnews

Yeah they emailed me back and said they have built one to 32 lbs with a 6INCH Zokie on it so low 30's should be easy!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Nice, that's pretty impressive if that's true!

So who are you shooting these for? I assume you've got some new e-store coming online...
Old 02-20-2008, 02:12 AM
downhillnews

Originally Posted by jvnixon View Post
Nice, that's pretty impressive if that's true!

So who are you shooting these for? I assume you've got some new e-store coming online...
The company I work for has grouped up with a local bike shop and is providing web design, inventory ability, shipping, etc I have heard in about 2-3 months it should be running full steam. They brought in SIDI shoes today! I think COLOGNA (sp) frames are coming soon!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
meccanoman

Hey
firstly - thanks to those people who took the time to post some positive and useful info. Cheers.

I would also like to say that not everyone is lucky enough to live near a bike shop that stocks the brands they are looking to buy. If you go and look at the list of manufacturers on this site you will see that there are over 150 companies making GOOD bikes now - show me a brick and mortar store can even begin to conceive of carrying that many brands, they simply do not get enough foot traffic through the door to warrant holding stock from so many manufacturers.

The idea of someone, who does not live in or near a major metropolis - where there is broad selection of bikes on offer to purchase - being able to get exactly the ride they want delivered to their door, is just an eventuality. The laggards and anti-online bike shop people will just have to realise that this is the way the world is going. To Quote the Borg - "Resistance is Futile".

Cheers Mek
Old 06-15-2008, 11:30 PM
big_perm

i dont think online shopping is worth it in canada. by the time shipping and duty are added, you end up paying the same amount.

plus a good shop should be able to get you near anything.

Now that it seems like you can just order stuff directly off the manu. website, how do you plan on dealing with the customer?