Quantcast MTBvibe.com - My Latest Project - Sick Lines Forums

Old 01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
spoonex

MTBvibe.com - My Latest Project
Hi Guys

I've been geeking out lately and launched a new social news website for mountain biking as a bit of a personal project.

www.MTBvibe.com - The Latest Downhill, Freeride and 4X News

Users submit a link to the website, which is then voted upon by the community. Naturally, cool articles and news releases will gain more votes and therefore be displayed more prominently on the front page.
This means all the latest mountain biking vibe is brought together and sorted into the good, bad and ugly, allowing quick and easy access to numerous articles and stories from across the web.

Feel free to submit any interesting links you come across to build up the content.
Website owners can also integrate with MTBvibe, to display a vote button on your content items to encourage submissions.

With it being in it's infancy it is in need of members and promotion, if you like the idea please pass on the word, vote on a few articles and even submit your own.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Good luck, nice clean design you've got as well.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:25 PM
spoonex

Thanks jvnixon

It's proving hard work to get a few users on board though!

I added one of your topics to the list today, feel free to drop in a few votes or add some or your other articles.

Would you be interested in adding a vote button on Sicklines.com at all?
More info here, but basically adding a vote count at the bottom of an article would encourage submission of the story for a little extra exposure.
Drop me a message if you're interested and I'll pass on some tips for integrating with Wordpress.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Ah cool, yea there's tons of content on here now. Have you by chance ever seen Crankk.com , it used to be similar to what you've got in terms of functionality.

The benefit of adding a vote button doesn't really have much benefit for us at this time. Perhaps when it becomes bigger though. It definitly helps to have an idea of what you want to do instead of changing mid stroke. You'll find out that the mtb community I feel is more taking than giving so be prepared to have to put in work yourself (if you haven't already noticed)
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 AM
spoonex

Quote:
mtb community I feel is more taking than giving
It definitely seems that way!
I had not seen crankk.com before, it looks pretty vacant now - maybe this type of site doesn't have a place in mountain biking after all Doh!

I'll keep plugging away keeping the site updated, remember feel free to submit some of your articles
Old 01-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Administrator

I've added a few in there. Feel free to add any more if you want. There's a lot. Crankk no longer really exists, but was very similar in function however it was more general and not quite as specific.