Quantcast Lezyne Hires Additional Mechanical Engineer - Sick Lines Forums

Old 05-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I got my training wheels

Lezyne Hires Additional Mechanical Engineer
San Luis Obispo, CA; May 19, 2008:

Lezyne is proud to announce yet another new co-worker: Dan Baggs. Baggs recently graduated from CalPoly State University with a degree in mechanical engineering, and has extensive experience in fabrication, three-dimensional modeling, and plastics. Baggs races semi-pro downhill, and also has an extensive background in off-road race truck fabrication.

“We’re proud that we’re bringing Dan in. He has a strong history in the bike world in both riding and manufacturing,” said Lezyne CEO Micki Kozuschek. “He’s a mechanical engineer; he’s got a great background, he’s got a great education, and he’s very detail oriented,” added Kozuschek.

Baggs is excited to be working at Lezyne, combining both his education and his manufacturing experience in an industry he knows well.
“I’m excited to enter the engineering world as a big part of a fresh bicycle company,” said Baggs. “It’s a great opportunity with a great company.”

Baggs has been racing mountain bikes competitively for eight years, is a native to the California Central Coast, and has been immersed in cycling culture nearly his entire life. “Bicycling has always been a big part of my life, and Lezyne is a local company with a great commute,” explained Baggs, who commutes to work on a softail singlespeed road bike he designed and built himself.

Within the next couple months, look for the upcoming Sabre tire lever, the first of many items designed by Baggs. Lezyne has been growing by leaps and bounds. With new exclusive distributors in Asia, Europe, and North America, along with the addition of several new employees, Lezyne is fully committed to producing high quality, premium bicycle products at a level never yet reached by the industry.

For more information about Lezyne, visit www.lezyne.com