Quantcast whos into 4x, dual ridin or bmx racing - Sick Lines Forums

Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
mechanic no.1

whos into 4x, dual ridin or bmx racing
lookin for peoples opinions on 4x bikes and if they prefer full suspension, hardtail, clips or no clips.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Depends personally i think between hardtail vs fully. Both have their places, its track dependant i think.

Clips vs no clips is also another one. I can go either way personally, and I think each offer benefits over the other.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:33 PM
familybikingmusic

The decision between full suspension and hardtail is all personal preferance.

Brian Lopes uses a hard tail on the same course that everyone else is using a full suspension because he likes it.

But the course does play a role in it. If a lot of the courses on you local circuit are gravity fed you may want to look into a full suspension over a hard tail. But if you like the feel of a hartail and feel you go faster on it then go for that.

As for clips or no clips thats all personal preferance to. It has nothing to do with the course or anthing just if you like being cliped in then go for it, if not then dont. There are some obviouse advantages of being cliped in but if its been a while using them and you still dont like them then just get rid of them.

For me a dream 4X machine would be a full suspension design that would also be a good jumper (Transition Double) and flat pedals. But thats just me. For you it may be different.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:14 AM
kim-joshy

bmx
here is my sons bmx bikes ,,,fmf carbon ti forks on one answer on the other titanium spokes ti bolts extra light brakes xtr cranks and carbon cranks nokon cables , very light races criuser and open
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg PIC00001.JPG (20.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg PIC00002.JPG (19.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PIC00003.JPG (18.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PIC00004.JPG (19.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Td72

Originally Posted by mechanic no.1 View Post
lookin for peoples opinions on 4x bikes and if they prefer full suspension, hardtail, clips or no clips.
I'd have to say that the bike/equipment really depends on the course. I currently have a SS hardtail that I ride on the local bmx/mountaincross tracks etc with flat pedals. Now if I were really serious and into racing I'd probably have a 2nd bike, a short travel dually, for rough courses like the one that Saxena made for Vigo but I would mostly ride the HT, with spd's. If I had money from Mars, I think that my dream bike for mountaincross would be something along the lines of the Intense Tazer or Yeti 4X

Here's my current, and only bike at the moment.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Poindexter

I second the Transition Double with flats pedals.