Today RockShox has announced the all new RockShox BoXXer fork with Charger Damper and a 27.5″ option. In addition to that they’re offering an upgrade kit in their RockShox Charger Damper and Solo Air BoXXer Upgrade Kit. They’ve also updated RockShox Domain Dual Crown fork and released a new RockShox DebonAir option for Monarch and Monarch Plus.
For immediate release – April, 1st 2014
Today RockShox is proud to announce the following new products:
The all new RockShox BoXXer fork with Charger Damper and a 27.5″ option
The RockShox Charger Damper and Solo Air BoXXer Upgrade Kits
The updated RockShox Domain Dual Crown fork
The new RockShox DebonAir option for Monarch and Monarch Plus
Available: August 2014
A LEGACY OF WINNING
For nearly two decades, BoXXer has been piloted to the top step of the podium at downhill World Cup races and freeride events more than any other fork. With such a legacy, it’s no doubt the new BoXXer has already proven itself with Steve Smith’s World Cup overall victory and Kyle Strait’s Rampage win in 2013. The new BoXXer features the new Charger Damper™, new air and coil spring systems, Rapid Recovery™ rebound, Fast Black stanchions and 27.5” options. And guess what: the lightest production downhill fork on the market is getting a whole lot lighter.
• World Cup, Team and RC models
• Charger Damper™ with Rapid Recovery™ rebound (World Cup and Team)
• Air and coil spring refinements (World Cup and Team)
• Fast Black upper tubes (all models)
• 27.5” option (all models)
New BoXXer: In Their Words
“The biggest improvement for me was decreased fatigue in my hands and arms. I attribute the Charger Damper™ to being able to ride the most DH laps I ever have this summer… I did 250 laps in the Whistler Bike Park without pulling it apart at all and only did so then to see what it looked like on the inside.”
BoXXer Charger Damper™ test rider–1 million vertical feet of downhill in the Whistler Bike Park in 57 days last season
“…I have more confidence as it gives more traction with the new Charger Damper™!”
Specialized Factory Racing
Built For Charging
Initially developed for the worldwide acclaimed RockShox Pike, the Charger Damper™ found its way onto BlackBox athletes’ bikes during the 2013 season. Simply put, the consistency, traction and small bump sensitivity of the Charger Damper™ were an instant hit with all our riders, including overall World Cup Champion Steve Smith.
The Charger is RockShox’s most refined damper, and its sealed construction with an expandable rubber bladder ensures damping consistency, reduces vibration and is almost 100 grams lighter than the previous BoXXer damper. Adjustment is easy and intuitive, with a single compression adjuster and a beginning stroke rebound adjuster with a factory set Rapid Recovery™ tune. The internal shim stacks can be re-tuned for light or firm compression and rebound settings. The Charger Damper™ equips the World Cup and Team models of the new BoXXer.
Rapid Recovery™ is More Control With Less Work
Successive Bumps With Standard Suspension
1. Wheel does not recover fully from impact leaving a gap between it and the ground.
2. Suspension “packs up” as your body mass pushes the suspension down, reducing ride height and available travel for next bump.
3. Pushed into the suspension you are in a firmer part of the spring curve. More bump energy is now transferred to the rider’s body to absorb and control.
Same ride with Rapid Recovery™
1. Ride height is maintained, leaving more available suspension for each bump.
2. Wheel maintains better contact with the ground.
3. Less energy is transferred to rider increasing control and decreasing fatigue.
Refined To Win
Both the air and coil spring systems on the new BoXXer have been refined for a smoother ride. The Solo Air™ version found on the World Cup model features a revised spring curve and the possibility to tune the spring’s progression with Bottomless Tokens. The coil sprung Team receives a new, factory set bottom out progression. The Fast Black upper tube finish and the 27.5” option for all models (World Cup, Team, RC) round out the list, delivering a new BoXXer platform bound to continue its legacy amongst riders worldwide.
Charger Damper and Solo Air Upgrade Kits
Charger Damper™ for BoXXer
• Give your fork the latest World Cup winning damper
• Replaces the damper in any BoXXer Race, Team, RC, R2C2 and World Cup 2010–2014 (35mm chassis)
• MSRP: $379, € 337
NEW SOLO AIR™
• New Solo Air™ spring with revised spring curve
• Air spring tunability with Bottomless Tokens
• Compatible with BoXXer World Cup forks from MY11 to MY14 (serial number later than 16T11XXXXXXX)
• MSRP: $188, € 167
NEW Rockshox Bottomless Tokens
That Bottomless Feeling
• Optimize by travel or easily tune your air volume in BoXXer World Cup and Pike
• Quick and easy installation, Tokens thread in to top caps
• 35mm chassis (Pike, BoXXer)
Domain Dual Crown
Gravity riders and bike park regulars are tough. They can take a good beating and come back for more. Domain Dual Crown is just like them: its burly 35mm steel stanchions, coil spring and proven damper can handle all the use and abuse of evolving riding skills and not-so-well calculated landings. The addition of a 27.5” option on both models puts Domain Dual Crown ahead of its game as a perfect match for all current gravity bikes.
Available: June 2014
New RockShox DebonAir
It’s ok to be soft. DebonAir is not ashamed to give way under the weakest push. In fact, it makes Monarch and Monarch Plus shocks plusher than ever, right from the start. It might seem a weakness, until you take DebonAir to the trail. The connection between your bike and the terrain will be seamless, as your DebonAir equipped shock absorbs every little hit without any harsh feeling on your body. A shock so soft, you can push way harder.
DebonAir will be available as an option on Monarch RT3 and as the standard configuration on Monarch Plus RC3.
Monarch RT3 DebonAir: $365-390 / € 324-347
Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir: $499 / € 444
MORE LINEAR SPRING CURVE
• Lower force levels to move the shock into its travel
• 1st 1/3 of travel is what riders are most sensitive to
MORE TRACTION AND CONTROL
• No chop on initial hit
• Better traction; rear wheel stays on the ground reacting to small bumps
DEBONAIR UPGRADE KIT
• Air can upgrade for any MY14 Monarch/Monarch Plus and
MY13 Monarch RT3
• Monarch/Monarch Plus DebonAir upgrade kit: $115.50 / € 104.21
Available: May, 2014
see more at www.sram.com