Santa Cruz has been a strong proponent of Carbon Fiber in the mountain bike arena. With the Syndicate testing a full carbon V10c frame this past World Cup season, it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise to know updates would eventually trickle down. Check it out!
The Santa Cruz Syndicate has had a lot of success with their V10 carbon bike on the World Cup circuit this year which isn’t a small feat. They also have had a good showing on smaller stages as well with privateers racing their bikes with confidence to the top of many podiums.
Some details from Santa Cruz:
“The Lightest and Strongest Production Downhill Race Frame in the World:
– 7.9lb all carbon frame w/ DHX RC4 coil rear shock
– 26 inch wheels
– 8.5- 10 inches of adjustable travel
– 157mm rear axle spacing – easier wheel installation.
– New molded rubber swingarm and downtube protectors.
– New integrated fork bumpers with cable guide.
– New carbon upper link – increased stiffness.
– Forged aluminum lower link with recessed grease ports.
– Collet axle pivots – lock in place without pinch bolts.
– Direct mount rear derailleur hanger.
– Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts.
– Co-molded aluminium hardware on upper pivot and bottom bracket – no bonding.
– Race tested by Syndicate throughout 2012
-Frame price $3499 with DHX RC4”