For 2009 e.thirteen components is introducing some redesigned chainguides as well as more affordable versions of their classic lineup. The SRS and LG.1guides (now SRS+ and LG.1+) are seeing the biggest changes offering lighter weight and unique features. Check inside to find out what the new SRS+ has to offer.
We got to see mockup prototypes of the SRS+ and LG.1+ guides back at Interbike and were very impressed. The production versions don’t disappoint in the least. The fit and finish is very clean with all of the expected features included in the final version.
- Mounting hardware (short and long ISCG bolts, thick and thin ISCG spacer washers)
- Bottom bracket adapter (comes only with ISCG 05 backplate version)
- Backplate (completely assembled)
- Turbocharger bashguard
Features of the new e.thirteen SRS+ chainguide include:
- Adjustable backplates offer narrow, regular, and wide configurations all in one backplate, which allows for easier install and frame compatibility
- Less SKU’s (distributors and consumers can rejoice) because there is no longer the need for multiple backplate options
- Available for ISCG and ISCG 05 (BB adapter comes only with ISCG 05)
- SRS+ is available in two sizes 32t-36t or 36t-40t version. Both feature non-adjustable sliders (helps make install quicker / easier)
- Lots of weight saving features such as CNC cutout pockets and a trus type backplate design
- Honeycombed design overs lower weight, while increasing strength
- Increased backplate width for increased strength
- Tapers on the wearplates are the exact same as the older guides so fitting the guides are a cinch
- The Turbocharger bashguard now has a smaller diameter with two crank arm recesses
- The bashguard is tapered, hollowed, and designed to flex away from the drivetrain vitals
- Aluminum inserts are added at the factory to avoid over tightening of the bashguard bolts.
properly mounted SRS+
Colors: Black or White
Price: $150 MSRP (no price increase over last years model)
Will all downhillers bow down and give e.thirteen the chainguide crown with their new lightweight and uniquely featured SRS+? Time will tell. We’ll update our thoughts with it as we get more time on it. If you’re looking to purchase one of these guides, Chad at Red Barn Bicycles can order one up for you at a great price.
[e.13 SRS+ Chainguide Gallery] [e.thirteen components website]