Quantcast Best helmet cam? - Sick Lines Forums

Old 07-18-2008, 03:53 AM
cobrakillerta

Best helmet cam?
Simple as that...looking for a GOOD versatile helmet camera with great visual characteritics. I want one that has easy & solid mounting options so it can be mounted in different locations (helmet, frame, etc.) and isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. I have noticed that there are stand-alone units (which I'd prefer) as well as some which are basically remote mount lenses for your own video camera.
Any recommendations?

Also, what video editing software does everyone prefer?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
TunerFxGarage

Helmet Cam Video Camcorder System for Endurance Racing
I'm a road racer and use the ELMO SUV-Cam from ActionVideoCams.com. The Elmo Suv Cam can withstand high temperatures and is almost indestructible . You can easily operate the SUV-Cam when you are wearing gloves and it's super smaller than a deck of cards. ActionVideoCams.com has great customer service which has answered any technical questions I have had about operating the Elmo. My Elmo Suv cam was shipped immediately and only took a few days to arrive. I was very impressed! They even offer helmet cam accessories for the Elmo Suv Cam like camera mount and lenses.

The footage from the ELMO Suv Cam II is high quality and I would highly recommend using this helmet cam for endurance racing which can be very rewarding and can help you evaluate your techniques at the track.

I would highly suggest purchasing your motorcycle helmet camera from this website. I was very happy with the service and the camera is awesome, well worth it!

http://ActionVideoCams.com
Old 09-03-2008, 12:31 AM
TunerFxGarage

Pisgah,NC Bike Trail Night Ride Helmet Cam Video
Pisgah,NC Night Ride
Wipe Out ! I thought this vid was cool, good quality video from a helmet cam. CHEERS !

https://www.actionvideocams.com/uploads/niteclip2.mpg